Saturday, May 29, 2010

Drama in Real Life!

I woke up to a real life emergency this week. Maddie was up early getting ready for school and got in a tangle with a roller brush. It was Rob's day to get her off to school and my day to sleep in, but apparently there are some situations that require a mother's patience and skill.

I worked for a solid 20 minutes on this thing and there were moments when I honestly thought we would have to cut it out. Then I would picture Maddie with 1/2" bangs and I kept laughing and she crept closer to tears. I felt so awesome when the brush finally came out (no scissors involved!) Maddie missed the bus, so we made her stay home and clean all day. She's not allowed to use roller brushes anymore, BTW.

2 comments:

Alison B said...

THat is seriously hilarious! oh, so funny!!! I bet she did not think it was funny, though. :)

Mariposa said...

ROTFL (rolling on the floor laughing)

ahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahah!!!!!

mads, don't worry. this is a right of passage for every girl. welcome to the club. i assure you, you won't even come close to a roller brush again until you're 18. thanks for a good, hearty laugh tonight. xoxo

mare