
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly fly the years
One season following another
Laden with happiness and tears
--Fiddler on the Roof
She turned 13. We have a teenager for reals now, can you believe it? She wanted a cell phone, a facebook account, and permission to wear makeup. We granted the last wish and she was happy enough with that. She stayed home from school on her birthday (they were going on a fieldtrip) and we enjoyed a special breakfast and opened presents. Then Rob and I were able to take Maddie on a special afternoon date with just the 3 of us, which we hardly ever get to do. We went to lunch, got her hair cut, and shopped for new clothes.
We had cake and ice cream for our after school snack(busy day!). On the weekend, Maddie had a couple of friends over and we had a cookie making contest. We made a bunch of plain cookie dough and then had lots of mix-ins (3 kinds of chips, m&m's, coconut, pecans, cornflakes) and they had a great time. We're so happy Maddie is part of our family!
4 comments:
holy cow flori that song "sunrise sunset" makes me cry...I could cry if I think about it too much. Maddie looks fabulous. Happy B-day maddie! Facebook is totally overrated but I'm just your old aunt! :) I got my hair cut when I was 13 and did a little shopping too. I remember having a great time. I hope your teen years are better than mine Maddie. If not, you know you can talk to now. :)
Holy Cow!! I was just doing the math and I think it's almost been 4 years since we were all in Indiana! How did that happen? She is so beautiful! It goes by way too fast.
We aren't old enough to have teenage daughters are we?!? Maddie is absolutely beautiful and reminds me so much of Mary at her age.
Oh, and I agree with Krista...Facebook is totally overrated;).
gah! 13 already!!!! i am so not prepared for teenagers...oi
Post a Comment