Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Featuring Chatty Cathy



This girl is wearing our ears out with her constant chatter. Cute, but continuous. Funny, but frantic. Whimsical, but sometimes whiny. And always, always on. She favors the words 'mommy' and 'why' and can get pretty deep into a thought without taking a breath. She is starting to come up with funny phrases and is quite a good conversationalist if you take the time. Just be prepared to listen, because you probably won't have much chance to respond.

She calls her little gray tooth (injured in a fall? we're not sure...) her 'sad tooth' and uses the superlative phrase 'pretty better' to indicate her favorites. "I like Dad's car pretty better than yours, mommy." She thinks Frosties from Wendy's are THE BEST thing ever and if she sees one as we're driving, she'll shout, "Hey! Stop! There's Wendy!!" I love it when she says "I'm am" instead of "I am".

She's starting to get more interested in fancy hairdos, dresses, and friends. She loves going to library story time, the park, and nursery at church. She's almost three but still chews on her little yellow 'bunny' to go to sleep. That's going to be a hard habit to break. For now, we're cherishing this fun new phase and hoping to keep our wits and eardrums intact.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

What adorable pigtails :) We love you Miss Bea!!!

Krista said...

oh goodness I wish that bea and kai could hang out. He has turned rather chatty too. I love that bea still loves that yellow bunny. What if Kai loves his boogies? sooooo gross. I tell him to stop picking his nose and he says, "but it tastes so good!" ewwww.

Maggie said...

I think it is great that she loves Wendy's because she kind of looks like Wendy with those little pigtails and saucy smile! Now I know one thing we'll have to do while we are there. Mom