Last fall we discovered a wonderful orchard up in the Blue Ridge Mountains and decided to make it an annual tradition. We took advantage of the beautiful cooler weather on Saturday, September 29th and headed out to pick apples at SkyTop Orchard. We took our friend and neighbor, Penny Lett with us. Although the trees were heavily laden last year, this year we found only 4 apples after 40 minutes of searching! Due to a late spring freeze and a summer drought, it really wasn't a great year for apples. We were still able to buy some at the stand, we just didn't pick them ourselves. Even so, it was an extremely lovely and peaceful autumn day in the mountains.


We also visited Connemara, the home of poet Carl Sandburg, in Flat Rock, NC. It is a special place for us--our "happy place"--and the goat farm is always a highlight for the girls. Miss Sally wore herself right out chasing them all over the fields.




![]() |
| Apples |






7 comments:
I'd like to order one bucket of Bea please :) Fun fall adventures. I am surprised about the apple selection--crazy that trees produced so little this year.
Rob--do I spot some edited pictures using the new actions in Photoshop?;) Nicely done...
Love the pics Rob. They are georgous!! I'm so jelous and wish I had your talent. Of course the little beauties in them help too! Miss you all so much. We need to plan another adventure. Love you guys!
Incredible pictures of everyone! Fun outing!
apples to apples...dust to dust...
is that how it goes? LOVE the pictures. I agree with cares...sweet editing (if you did it, that is) I (heart) this blog. your girlies are real beauts. Did I tell you I had a dream where I had a baby. and i named her bea? and i lost her? I was sad about it all day. then i told seth that we need to have anther baby. stay tuned...(i promise not to steal Baby Bea's name...)
What beautiful pictures!
wow! what great pictures. Rob, you have some talent with those black and whites too! It also helps that you have such beautiful girls.
I can't believe how much Eloise looks like Flori in the uppermost picture. That pout is a no doubt giveaway. We miss you kids.
Post a Comment