Monday, February 13, 2012

To my Mom: I will never want another mother!

There are so many things I love about my Mom! The post title refers to a book she used to read to us--Mother, Mother, I Want Another-- about a little mouse who wants another good night kiss, but she thinks he is asking for another mother. I have happy memories of reading with my mom and sharing good books with her as I've grown older too.

In March 2008, we managed to get Mom and ALL the sisters together for a sewing retreat. (Thanks Carrie!) It was so fun and I'm sad that we haven't managed to repeat it in the past 4 years! Anyway, I made a great apron that weekend and it has seen some serious use since then. It was really starting to get a little nasty, so I just finished a remake--using beautiful poppy fabric from my mom. My mom taught me how to cook,
how to sew, how to match fabric, how to host great dinner parties, how to be a friend--all things that bring joy and satisfaction to my life.

I love spending time with my mom because she is always fun and happy and has great ideas. She is the best!! Love you Mom!

Flori

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I heart Ruth Ann too! She has taught me so much about creating wonderful things (she did create you and Joseph after all:) and about truly loving and serving others.

When are we going to have another sewing/crafting trip?? SG is always available to us so I am thinking we need to get one in the works. When could you come out and play again?

Krista said...

I'm loving all these love posts. :) I too wish we could do another retreat. please. I love your Mom too she is inspiring in all kinds of things and I have never regretted joining this fabulous LeBaron family. :)