Friday, February 10, 2012

To my Dad, the first boy I ever wanted to marry.....

With four daughters, we have had many years of Rob being Prince Charming and the first true love of every girl in the house. He got a shock on Sunday though when he complimented Bea on her hair-do and said, "You look so beautiful. Someone will fall in love with you. Who do you think it will be?" She smiled coyly and said, "I bet it will be Ryan." (a cute 7-year old boy at church) I don't think that's the answer her daddy was looking for.


My dad was my first Valentine and has always shown me great love, affection, and appreciation. One of my favorite things about him is how he gets excited about gifts and almost always gives them early because he just can't wait. I wanted to show him two of my favorite Christmas gifts. They both remind me of him. I found them in a little antique shop in Madison, GA. My Dad taught me the art of quietly browsing through "junk" to find a treasure. I love yard sales, thrift stores and antique stores.
First, the giant strawberry cookie jar. I have wanted a cool cookie jar for a long time and just fell in love with this one. It looks awesome in our old house.

The second is a rhinestone paisley swirl brooch. I indirectly inherited through my dad my Nanny LeBaron's love of all things sparkly and pretty. I have worn this several times already and it just makes me happy to have it on. My dad is also great at complimenting others and making them feel good about themselves. He often told me I was pretty growing up and I still hear him tell my mom that she is beautiful or looks nice.

Happy Valentines Day, Dad!






2 comments:

Carrie said...

I love your sparkly brooch (and it's cool that it's now an heirloom). Your dad is such a thoughtful and loving man--love him.

Krista said...

Such a sweet post. I like your strawberry! And bea cracks me up!