Monday, December 27, 2010

There's no place like . . . for the Holidays (Part I)

(R0b) We have had a wonderful holiday season. We kicked off the holidays with a trip to Bloomington, IN for Thanksgiving. One our way we stopped at Mammoth Cave National Park to fulfill one of my life goals of visiting as many national parks as possible. The girls loved it -- especially descending several hundred feet into a sink hole, winding our way into a huge cavern, and having the ranger turn off the cavern's lights to demonstrate total darkness. I can just see the first ranger who came up with trick chuckling to himself, "Eat your heart out Disney, this is really going to drive the kids wild."


In Bloomington we packed in as much fun as possible including visiting my sister, Megan's, family, eating Aver's pizza, visiting with dear friends, going to the farmer's market for holiday activities (including the Tuba Santas), attending church, and eating a wonderful feast at Steve and Tami Whiting's.


Here are a few shots of the excitement.



2 comments:

Harrieat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Harrieat said...

Ha, Ha! You guys haven't aged a bit--you just have teenage children now! I wish I could say as much for us since we started out the same time. I wish you lived down the street and we could get together for our sewing parties, eat yummy food and discuss interesting books. I still have a jar of Effie's Bread Pudding. I just can't bring myself to eat it. Rob's mom brought some over for Christmas, I haven't eaten that either. I like that kind of food, it just seems too special. I think the farthest East we will get this year is Kansas City, Missouri or Nauvoo.