1. Farewell Nasty Bunny. I was actually kind of sad about this one, and Bea was definitely unhappy for a few days, but Rob took the bad habit in hand and it is no longer with us. Unfortunately, it was also farewell to easy naps.
2. While Rob and I were out one day, the girls called to ask if they could try making bread. They have all helped me before so I felt okay about them trying it out. I got a follow up call asking how to make herb butter. This picture was all we saw of their efforts, since they ate the entire loaf before we got home. Impressive on all counts.
3. A few days before school started, we held an afternoon tea with our dear friend, Toncie Ball. We had raspberry iced tea, fancy finger sandwiches, chocolate dipped strawberries, and Irish soda bread. Another joy of having daughters.
4. These pictures don't do it justice, but we had quite a funny theatrical production put on by the girls. It was "Interviews with Princesses"--tracking down the disney princesses after the heyday of their fame and finding out where they are now. Maddie gave a great performance as Snow White, who is addicted to tanning after years of being teased about her pale skin. Eloise completely cracked us up as Sleeping Beauty, who has become a grumpy, gothic insomniac. Their creativity is awesome!
6 comments:
oh man I would have paid money to see those girls do their Princesses act--sounds so funny and they look awesome in your pics. I love your girls! And can't believe they made bread all on their own!
Oh man, I wish we lived next door to you guys and then we could have come over for the Girl's Princess play!! Also, very impressed with the bread the girls made. I have to admit they do a better job at making bread than me, mine never turns out that pretty! What a fun idea to have a tea party! Tell Maddie she looks really cute in my old dress!!! (I have more clothes to send too!)
Thanks for sharing the fun pictures! Love ya!
Too funny. I am impressed with their bread making skills. I loved the pictures of the play. I wish I could have seen it.
Their play sounds fabulous--maybe they should do an encore performance. . .
ahahahahaha!!! too, too funny. great make-up job! I'll be expecting an encore performance the next time we see you (which is never soon enough!) *sigh*
Hahaha, why does that last picture look exactly like Tommy wearing one of Nanny's wigs?
Post a Comment