Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Another milestone . . . in metal

Maddie has been looking forward to this day for months. Until 6 hours ago. Right before she made the two year commitment to a new smile. Will it hurt? Answer. It does. But, as she said tonight, "I'm grateful for wax and Anbesol."





(Rob) Maddie is now the quintessential teenager. At least at her school where braces, colored bracket elastics (you'll note teal and purple), nerdiness, and graphing calculators are totally rad/awesome/cool/sick/wicked -- whatever.

Ever radder (more rad?) is that Maddie still has a great sense of humor. She grabbed our handy, no-household-is-complete-without-them trick glasses and we headed out for a nerdy photo shoot. LeBaron? Christensen? You be the judge. From where I stand this is 100% Maddie, and I love her. Congrats on the braces sweetheart.

7 comments:

Krista said...

ha! maddie thanks for making me smile. Your smile is beautiful!! Use that wax girl. It's a life saver against those darn kancors? sp?

kim said...

Those pictures are awesome! Love the new look, Maddie!

Andrew | Susan | Grayer said...

Oh Maddie you make me laugh!! Love your choice of colors for your braces, they look awesome!! Don't worry it won't be long before they won't hurt anymore! I was looking at your Christmas card the other day and was thinking how much I miss you guys. We need to come out for a visit and play Mario Kart with you!! I'm not very good but Andy is, so practice up so you can beat him:)!!!
Love your guts!!!

Mariposa said...

it's like looking in a mirror, i tell you. looking in a mirror.....

klchristensen said...

Dear Maddie

We think you are beautiful with or without braces. Before you know it the braces will come off. We love the glasses. You are a crazy girl. Love Grandma and Grandpa Idaho

Carrie said...

Hilarious! I love a girl who can do goofy with pride :) Takes me back to my first days with braces--man they hurt so much more than I ever thought they would--but worth the pain in the end. Go Maddie--braces rock!

Christie said...

I love these pictures! They are classic