Yesterday Maddie came home from a week at Girls Camp and had a tender moment with her dad, telling him how much she loved and missed him. Then she taught her sisters the fun dances she learned at camp. Watching our girls dance around the room, Rob and I both got teary-eyed, knowing that these years are passing so quickly. It's going to get messy at those weddings, folks. I'm just telling you now. Looking back at our own fathers, we want to tell them how much we love and appreciate all they have done for us through the years. Rob and I both have AMAZING dads.
I've been thinking lately of a special memory of my dad. On my 12th birthday, he took me to the Guess! store in the mall and let me choose any outfit I wanted. (I chose a t-shirt and some overalls.) I don't remember ever shopping alone with my dad before that and I felt so grown up to be out with him. I was thrilled to be at a "popular" store and buying something name brand. I loved being able to choose just for me. And I appreciate it even more, now that I've been shopping with my own 12 year old!
Some things I love about my Dad:
1) He's always had smooth, kissable cheeks.
2) He smells like sunflower seeds.
3) He sings songs to me.
4) He loves my husband like a son.
5) He is forgiving.
6) He likes nice things, but is not attached to them.
7) He ALWAYS has a pen in his pocket.
8) He tells funny jokes.
9) He kisses my mom on the neck in front of everyone.
10) He took a lot of pictures of our family when we were young.
11) He likes to scare people.
12) He never misses church, even on vacation.
13) He has taken his wife and all of his children to the temple.
14) He works hard and plays hard.
15) He's fun to be with.
16) He can peel an orange in one piece.
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Oh, I love your dad, too! I have fond memories of spending time with your family, and your pop. What sweet photos of the two of you, and what a beautiful tribute.
I love those pics of you and Neil! So fun to see him as a fresh daddy in that first pic--he's so young!
That is a fantastic list about your daddio--he is so lovable and THE best example of fatherhood for his sons (Joseph has learned so much from him)
Oh the memories. Wonderful memories.
mmmmmhmmmmmm...i love our coach
Your tribute to your dad made me smile!
You did get a great dad! What a nice tribute. I can't believe Maddy is old enough for girl's camp! I still remember her as your cute baby in Provo! Time flies. Hope you are all doing well.
Post a Comment