Sunday, October 12, 2008

Are you Pregnant?

Well, I'm not. But that sure didn't stop the lady at church from gesturing at my stomach and outright asking if I am expecting another one. Nope, sorry.

No matter that I was previously feeling kind of cute in my sassy new Shabby Apple dress from my sister. No matter that the woman who asked is famed for saying inappropriate things anyway. No matter that she just laughed and said, "Oh, I thought you were." No matter that this has happened to lots of people I know and it's just one of those things...

It just makes you feel not very happy when it happens to you.

12 comments:

Mariposa said...

argghhh!!! those people need a swift kick in the knees and perhaps a good hard slap, too. I think you're beautiful and sassy no matter what lame people say.

work it, girl!

Alison B said...

seriously...why do some people even open up their mouths?? I wish I could have seen you in your sassy dress!! I think maybe I know who might have said that horrible comment...just remember who it is from...does she even have a clue??? seriously.

Carrie said...

Boo...I hate those kind of comments and the way they stick with me even when I know I shouldn't even pay attention. I think you need to post a pic of you in your cute dress so we can all see it (and remind you how wrong that lady was!)

Charity said...

I DID see you in your dress. I noticed it in RS and thought, that is really a cute dress!. So, yes remember who said it and know that she really doesn't know better. And we ARE going to kick that # this week! Want to pick a day to walk or run?

Marcie said...

Don't you just love those sweet folks!!! Seriously - doesn't everyone know, especially all women that even if a women is nine months prego, unless you are positive you, don't say a WORD!!! A few months ago I had a lady in my ward ask me the exact same thing! I too thought that I was looking sassy in my dress. I mean really - we are two very sassy ladies are we not?! Even if we do say so ourselves!!!!

Maggie said...

I think someone needs to sit down with some people and give them a lesson on tact and kindness. Too bad those kind of comments always take me off guard so much that I think of all my good comebacks later. You are gorgeous and if you ever meet her in the bathroom, pin her down and wash her mouth out with soap. Love you.

Laura D said...

That happened to me once! So depressing. I didn't even know this person. I loved your dress! I was thinking , "Where does Flori find all these cute cloths!" You need to take me shopping. I think you look great! We will all get to our "happy" weight one of these days. At least we have wonderful children!

Melinda said...

I have a shirt that has been banned from my wardrobe. I wore it to work last year and had two ladies ask me if I was pregnant. It's funny that it is usually other women that say these things...you would think they would know better!

Caitilin said...

No way! Not cool. At all. I love that dress - and I bet that dress looks fab on you!!

Kristine said...

So awful! I always just hope those people are so extremely embarrassed that they won't do that again. But there definitely are some people who just never learn that. That is an amazingly cute dress. And I've always thought you were beautiful! I'm sure you looked sassy!

Bobby said...

I'm sorry, Flori. I don't think you're pregnant. It reminds me of when Maggie went up to mom at a family party and asked her if she was feeling said that she was the fattest aunt. Mom just thought, "Well, I wasn't..."

LeBaron Family said...

I totally agree.