Ever forgotten instructions for a homework assignment at school? Happens all the time around here. The girls know something is due, but forget exactly how to do it--just that it is due the next day.
This happened to Ella last week. She called a friend; he told her something, but Ella doubted his accuracy. She started (again) racking her sweet little brain to remember. I (Rob) said, "Ella, what was wrong with what Tommy told you? Didn't he have the instructions?"
Ella looked me in the eye and said, "It's like when you're trying to remember the name of a song called 'September' and someone says 'Burger Boy.'"
Imagine the puzzled look on my face.
Ella, "You can't remember 'September,' but you know for a fact that the answer is NOT 'Burger Boy.'"
Delayed realization.
Me, "Did Tommy give you a 'Burger Boy'?"
Look of relief on Ella's face that I actually was able to follow the analogy, "Exactly! Tommy's answer wasn't right, even though I still don't know how to do the assignment."
Hold on, there's more. Ella pulled out her class phone directory again, and said to herself "Perchanceably someone else will know." And, she was right. Perchanceably someone did.
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I am constantly amazed at the things my girls put together too. I think we don't realize how amazing their little minds really are.
Perchanceably I have the coolest niece around. She's a smart cookie. Thanks for sharing. That was a funny story.
What a great story!!! I laughed out loud multiple times! Kids really do say the darndest things!
That was a great story! I love this age!
I am glad I stumbled onto your blog. That was seriously hilarious. I would like to adopt that word into my vocabulary. And what kids answers you with a complicated analogy. You have a great family. I wish you had ended up at KU! BTW I love your haircut. You have inspired me.
So fun to read about your lovely girls. I promse I'll get your book of a letter mailed soon. Miss you.
Post a Comment