Or is it just a good way to make fun of someone? I was sad to miss all the fun at the LeBaron family Halloween party last week...until I found out that I was there after all! My younger sister Maggie dressed up as ME (circa 1989)! It's frightening, really. How did she get the hair so perfect? How did she remember my favorite photo shoot pose? Why does she look better as me than I did? Meanwhile, while she was being beautiful, the girls were being UGLY here in Charlotte. See kids--this is what happens when you hoard all the Halloween candy for yourselves and don't share the good stuff with your parents!
Maddie was a mad scientist this year, Eloise was Hermione (from Harry Potter), Sarah was Junie B. Jones for her school parade, then a fix-it girl for trick-or-treating. Bea was Minnie Mouse for 20 minutes, until she spit up on the borrowed outfit and went back to her pajamas.


On Monday night, we had our neighbors over for a chili supper and pumpkin carving--all was well until we discovered a finger in the chili!! Introducing the genius of peanut butter finger cookies. The girls LOVED making these and grossing everyone out. The best is the pretzel stick in the middle that crunches when you bite into it. SICK (and awesome).

Our friends, the Perez family, came trick or treating with us, as well as our neighbor, Kaylie. We've enjoyed the cooler weather and the chance to rake our leaves for the right reason. For a while, leaves were dying and falling because of the drought here; but now they're falling for fall.



6 comments:
Love the pic Flori. It was super fun to see maggie dressed up as you. The girls look awesome and really creative costumes. Bea is sure the cutest minnie mouse that I've ever seen!
I'm sitting here with my laptop on the floor laughing about your sister dressing up as you. Hilarious.
Sounds like you had a great Halloween. So where's the recipe for the fingers?
I LOVE that you posted your twin picture with Maggie!! It was for sure flattery :)
Love all the kids and the costumes. next year Joe and I need to try the peanut butter version of ladyfingers instead of shortbread--looks tasty!
I am so glad you have the twinner pic. I wanted to do that on my blog but I didn't have access to all your hot shots. I love the girls' costumes. Did you and Rob dress up or were you worn out from all the costume coordinating? Did Bea share any of her candy with you? It looks like her teeth were spared (or maybe they just fell out).
just so you know mags and i were peeing our pants laughing about her being you for halloween. no offense. then i found that nasty blonde wig and glasses (see the pic on my blog of bob in a costume) so that I could be Maggie. Talk about life coming full circle... It would have worked but I didn't have any knit stretch pants. Plus, I never weighed 140 lbs, so...what can you do. I had to settle for a scout mom. miss you!
Ha! I found you! I love your blog. You need to teach me how to do some of these fun things.
Post a Comment