It has been the most beautiful spring I've ever seen. And all too soon, it seems to be over already. (It's 90 today--yikes!) Even the shabbiest house has something lovely blooming in the yard and I have enjoyed some familiar favorites blossoming in our own yard. This is our first spring in this house/yard and it is fun to see what comes up. We have a redbud tree, many colors of azaleas, a funny fairy ring of daffodils that came up in a perfect circle in the side yard, and tulips, hyacinths and climbing roses. I saw an awesome yellow pom-pom looking bush in another yard and did some sleuthing to discover it's a Japanese Rose. It looks so happy--I may need to plant one.
Today while running I came upon a squirrel with an albino tail. The rest of him was regular color--he just had a bleached-blond surfer dude tail. It made me laugh to see him running about, shaking his punky tail around. We have A LOT of squirrels and enjoy watching them in our yard as they dig around for the pecans they hid last fall.
We have had a super busy spring with lots of birthdays, Maddie's high school musical, and a full calendar of church and social events. We are realizing that life with teenagers is fast paced and exhausting. Weekends used to be the time to relax and regroup as a family. It now seems like the time we are most scattered and busy. I'm not too happy about this change of events, but am trying to be excited for our girls and all the fun things they get to do.
1 comment:
Oh man...johnny and I are lame. We missed wishing happy birthdays to you guys this month...boo. Happy belated b-day! I love the punk squirrel description. I cannot believe it is 90 degrees either. It sounds so beautiful where you are. I would love to visit some day. I have loved spring here too. It is so green. I forgot that it could get so green. :) Teenagers does sound exhausting with all their activities. Can't you just put them to bed at 8:00 at night? :) It's so nice to be reminded that it gets crazier with schedules as they grow older. Yikes!
Post a Comment