Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The most important day of the year!

I had a birthday (shout Hooray!) last week and had an awesome day. Rob and I went horseback riding (thanks, Groupon!) and I got to ride an enormous Percheron draft horse named Belle. We had a trail ride through a nature preserve and it was a beautiful, peaceful, sunny morning. All the trees are flowering right now and it was just lovely.

We had lunch with friends and then other friends over for dinner that night. I had a huge chocolate cake. I received wonderful, thoughtful gifts. On Saturday the girls decorated my door and Rob made me waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. Can my life be any sweeter, really? Thank you everyone who made me feel special today!

Eloise drew this poster of me and labeled all the things she loves about me. My very favorite is the "curly hair that keeps awesomeness in".

7 comments:

Maggie said...

Eloise is a great artist. You look like you're wasting away. I'm sorry I still haven't gotten a hold of you. It looks like you had a great birthday. That horse is ginormous. Love you.

Sarah Ragatz said...

Is it just me or does your door say you're 7? Oh, and good grief, you're looking skinny!

Krista said...

Flori...I must say you look better and better with age. Can I do that please? You look great and I'm sorry I didn't call you on your big day!!! I hope it was a great one and I love that you went horse back riding. What a treat.

Melissa said...

Happy late Birthday! Just thinking about you and thought I'd check in. Sounds like a fabulous birthday!

Here's my comments/questions about what's happening with you:
What's up with the re-location with Rob's job? Still happening?
Man - you are so SKINNY! I'm totally jealous!
I really need a mom who can help me sew one of those striped bags!
I miss you tons and wish at this moment that we were giggling through a late night movie with Chris and Marci! Love ya!

Megan said...

Happy Belated Birthday Flori! It looks like you had a great day. Did you ride horses at Latta? I love that place! I have a gift card for a trail ride that I need to use. I love riding horses! You do look fabulous!!

Kimo said...

Happy Birthday! You look great!!!

Mariposa said...

love you honey! wish you'd come and stay awhile. you are gorgeous - i'm SO PROUD OF YOU for running a kajillion miles every weekend. you = my hero. :)