We're expecting.... CHANGE. I'm pregnant....with anticipation, nauseous....with anxiety, exhausted....by my to-do list.
We're moving to Georgia. There. I said it. A couple of friends have known "something was up" and asked if I'm pregnant. No. Just getting my life turned upside down in another way.
Rob has accepted a job offer from the University of Georgia in Athens (about an hour east of Atlanta). This was all very sudden and has happened within the last 2 weeks, so don't feel bad if this is the first you've heard of it. It is an amazing job opportunity for Rob and even though we weren't quite mentally ready for this move, it's too great to pass up. UGA has one of the top five programs in the country in Rob's field of public administration and he is thrilled with the chance to stretch and grow in such a great environment.
He is slated to start teaching there in the fall, so now begins the harried work of getting the house ready to sell, hopefully selling it soon, and moving!
Last week was a busy one with Sarah Jane's baptism, a simultaneous visit from both sets of grandparents, Spring break, and a trip to the beach in Wilmington, NC. (pictures of all that to come soon...). I gave myself permission to relax and enjoy our vacation, but now it's time to face my fears.
Go Bulldogs. Ew.

10 comments:
Whoa. Congratulations. I suppose. I mean, I'm happy for you and everything, but I'm sad you're going so far away! Just thinking about it makes me miss you.
I am speachless.... that doesn't happen much. I am glad you won't be to far away. We can meet up at the temple when it is up and going again!
I am speachless... that doesn't happen to often.
Still speachless...
Congrats. We almost applied to the PhD program there as well as they are a top program in Instructional Technology as well. Sounds like an amazing opportunity for Rob and I'm sure he will be great.
I have heard nice things about Athens and I am sure you will enjoy it.
Wow, that's crazy. I had no idea. Well, I'm like everyone else. Congratulations, but we're going to miss you!
oh, dangit!!!! no!!! i'm so sad. i know, I know, we never hang out like you and I both know we should. But, still, the thought of NOT being able to hang out makes me sad. will you still blog and i can still blog stalk you? :) Good luck on your move. know you will be greatly missed.
You guys--such great news! And hard news I am sure too. Change is really tricky for me. I know you will thrive wherever you are!
Congrats and good luck!
I'm soooo happy for you guys. Not happy that you have to pack boxes but what a great opportunity. I wish you the best and now can we come visit in georgia? I've had georgia on my mind. :) now, I just want you to know you kinda got me on the "we're expecting" part. you sneaky woman!
Oh sure!!!! Of course ya'll head to Georgia after we already flew the coup (sp?)!!! So excited for you guys. Congrat's on the new job!!!! We absolutely loved GA and know you will too. Hugs and kisses
Post a Comment