Sunday, March 15, 2009

Everywhere but here

Babies are everywhere these days. Last week I took dinner to a friend in our ward who recently had a baby girl. I left the girls at home and ran over by myself. The apartment was quiet, warm and dim in the early evening light. There was a comforting sleepy smell of new baby, baby lotion, clean laundry, and waffles (I was coveting her WaringPro waffle iron on the counter). I sat and held little Kaylin for a while, wishing I didn't need to rush back to homework, piano practicing, and a hectic corndog dinner. But at the same time, I was happy knowing that my kids would eat dinner, they would be able to tell me about their day, and I'd be able to sleep all through the night. And no, I'm not baby hungry and no, this isn't an announcement. Remember, everywhere but HERE.

We've had a rash of new cousins. I've attached links where available if anyone wants to peek. From Rob's side: Amy and Mike had Emma in October. Susan and Andrew had son Grayer in January. Megan and Justin are expecting in July.

On Flori's side: Maggie and Justin had son Gunner in January, Luci and Jim had baby Isabel in January, Carrie and Joseph had Olivia in February and Mary and Seth are expecting a boy in June.

So, that's 7 cousins in one year! That's more cousins than some people ever have...total. We really miss meeting these new sweet babies and watching them grow and learn. In fact, I miss it so much that I'm sneaking away to SLC for a few days with Bea. I thought about going by myself, but there happen to be lots of cousins in the 2-3 year old range too. We can't wait to love on those babies.

4 comments:

Alison B said...

who had a baby girl? anyone I know? I assume DeJun had her baby, but I thought she was having a boy, no?

When are you going to UT? I'm going at the end of april for my baby sister's wedding. All by myself. yay.

Kristine said...

Coming to Utah? Hooray! Of course, I know I got to see you on your last trip, so I won't be greedy. But know that if you have a few minutes, I'd be happy to come see you or have you down here. You are ALWAYS welcome (but there's no pressure either.)

P.S. I could invite Amy, and Melanie, and everyone else you want to see over too if it works out! :) Either way, enjoy all the family and all those fun babies!

Krista said...

We're so excited to see you and Bea.
Can't wait!

Laura D said...

Have a great time! Between Mike and my family we are getting 5 babies this year!