Wednesday, November 12, 2008
A Spookily Late Halloween
Sorry for the delay. No excuses except a crazy little thing called life.
The candy is all eaten, decorations are down and we have a few more dress ups in the rotation. Bea was a bee this year, but refused to wear either wings or antennae. Sarah was a ballerina (changed from a princess at the very last minute because the princess dress was too itchy for her royal highness' skin.) Eloise was a toilet! (Yes, a toilet.) This was her own design and creation and she got lots of comments and compliments both times she wore it. The other girls were jealous because they think Ella got more candy--something about the novelty of putting candy into a toilet bowl? Maddie's idea was a corpse bride. We found a great dress at Goodwill (Yay for Goodwill!) and made a veil for her. She was very pale and creepy.
This month we also had a mother/daughter tea party at church for our Faith in God Girls activity. We drank hot chocolate and ate chicken salad sandwiches and scones. Very dainty. We were suppposed to wear fancy hats which we made or decorated ourselves. We really scored at a neighborhood yard sale where a woman was selling her collection of sun hats. We bought all six for a dollar and called it good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hooray for bargain shopping! Love it! Audrey won't wear anything in her hair or on her head...must be something in those Christensen genes :)
cute little bee or bea. :) I love it. Kai is so busy too. I feel your pain. I love the halloween pics too. Very creative but I wouldn't expect anything less from you guys.
I love Bea the Bee and I have to say the toilet is completely original! We may have to steal that idea next year. Glad you had a good Halloween.
The girls looked fabulous for Halloween! I think SJ really should be a little ballerina (is she?)
Fun hat party idea too--love that you got such a steal on so many fun hats.
your pumpkin was TRES creepy. you guys are so macabre.
Flori, I love those costumes. Bea looked so cute, as did Sarah. Eloise's costume was awesome and creative and Maddie's was good, too. Ask her if she got the idea to make her skin pale from swimming with me and Rob, or, as she called us, "mayonnaise men" this summer.
What a darling family! Loved Eloise's idea for a costume, and Maddie is the spitting image of your sister Mary - it's uncanny!
Post a Comment