Wednesday, September 3, 2008

You say WHAT?

Listening to the news on the car radio today, I heard someone say the word "breakfast-es", as in multiple breakfasts. I felt bad for him, thinking he got nervous on air and would later listen to it and feel so silly. As the interview went on, I realized they were covering the Republican convention in Minneapolis and some of the events involved publicity breakfasts--and he KEPT saying "breakfast-es". I didn't get anything helpful out of the interview because I was so annoyed. The funny part was that later the interviewer described the man (I didn't catch who it was) as being extremely articulate. Yes, well we all have our opinions.

2 comments:

Laura D said...

Maybe he grew up thinking you said breakfastes... It could be a case like the Book of Morman where you have to blame it on his parents....

Maggie said...

Speaking of... one of my favorite breakfastes is French toast. Yum! Funny story. You usta could count on people on the radio to talk good.:) Miss you guys.