Maddie has an admirer...a boy from her class last year (who is not in her class this year) snuck into her classroom before school while Maddie was on morning Safety Patrol. He left a stuffed animal, card, and box of candy on her desk. She said as soon as she saw them, she swept all of it into her backpack before anyone could see it and comment on it. She came home from school, both mortified and flattered, and had to brave her dad with the news that it has begun. "Apparently", she said, "I made a good impression last year."
Please DON'T ask her (or tease) her about this--it's sort of a sensitive topic, as you can imagine. But it was cute to see her so pleased and to know that others notice our beautiful, wonderful girl.

7 comments:
Too cute! I remember the feeling. It doesn't really seem like that long ago, but I guess it was!
That's quite the valentine for Maddie to be getting. Always fun to be admired and loved. Love you guys.
cute story--thanks for sharing :) isn't it funny how kids that age are so embarrassed by attention and the idea that other kids would know about a secret admirer? so innocent--love it!
It couldn't happen to a cuter or nicer girl!
I love it...can you believe that she is old enough to like boys?
Your kids are all so smart and beautiful and interesting. I just love her response... such cool kids.
Ah! I can't believe they are getting so big! Kiah had a similar experience and I just thought, "already?" Glad it isn't just me. How cute!
Post a Comment