Rob and I like to play a game where we guess people's names just by looking at them. For instance, you pull up next to a car at a stop light and look at the couple and say, "Tammy and Wayne" and then the other person says, "Yeah, she looks like a Tammy, but he looks more like a Dave"--try it, it's fun.

Maddie came up with a new variation the other day while watching me get ready. Here's the conversation:
Maddie: You make a good mom--you just look like a mom.
Flori: What else would I look like?
M: Well, Maggie (Flori's sister) looks like a cheerleader. She's really energetic and flexible.
F: Yeah, but she's also a mom.
M: But she doesn't have that 'mom' look.
Then she proceeded to 'guess' the ideal occupation for each of my siblings and his/her spouse, based solely on appearance. I found it extremely funny to hear her stereotypes and perceptions--so try to guess who's who (if you know my family) and I'll give you the answers later this month. Tom and Jess are included, but we didn't have their pictures handy.
plays in a band or daycare worker
baker, mom
fabric store worker
car salesman
fashion designer
professor
fashion designer
cowboy or car salesman
sports athlete or cheerleader
secretary or nail person
deli counter person
designer (but needs tatoo and earring)
manicurist
surfer dude
Home Depot worker
9 comments:
Okay, I almost peed my pants. Too funny. Tell Maddie that I'm flattered that she thinks I look like a cheerleader.
Here are my guesses
fabric store worker- Bob
professor- Rob
cowboy or car salesman- Justin? (I love the car salesman part).
designer (but needs tatoo and earring)- Joe?
surfer dude- John?
plays in a band or daycare worker
baker, mom-Ruth Ann
fabric store worker-luci
car salesman-jim
fashion designer-carrie
professor-rob
fashion designer-mary
cowboy or car salesman-justin
sports athlete or cheerleader-mags for the dallas cowboys
secretary or nail person-krista (I can totally see my self as a secretary...not so much the nails)
deli counter person-tommy
designer (but needs tatoo and earring)-joseph
manicurist-Jess
surfer dude-johnny
Home Depot worker-seth
How did I do?
This is totally classic and funny! I wonder which pictures of us she was looking at or how she imagines me in her memory...tricky Maddie--love her :)
I think I have to agree with Krista's answers--they are pretty solid.
So.. Flori, I don't know your family, but HILLARIOUS!!!
Congrats on the "many" years! Isn't marriage wonderful?!!
I love your blog, and wish that mine was as neat and tidy- and that the pictures were professional! Your girls are so fun and I can't believe how fast they are growing.
I recently started blogging, so if you have any tips pass them along. Staci, Drostan's wife, started one and I loved checking hers out, so I started my own. Our address is www.truebluelewis.blogspot.com
Take care! Love, Amanda
LOL! (I really hate it when people write that, btw...) What about coach? I hope I'm the fashion designer and not the home depot worker. (no offense, seth). ;)
Mom and Dad are not included--siblings only! Who looks like the daycare worker? No one has said!
Ok, I definitely do not look like a home depot worker, so I paint, that doesn't mean I'm a home depot worker! How about I play in a band by night daycare worker by day of course. But to tell the truth I think Bobby would be a great Daycare worker wiping all those snotty noses. Krista you are totally the friendly deli worker, "I recommend the mozzarella on that..."
me?! the deli worker!?? I HATE making sandwiches. My poor deprived kids...they're lucky if they get peanut butter on their bread! now maybe I'm the day care worker, I'm in primary and have two kids screaming for attention daily..it's LIKE a daycare here. :)
btw home depot workers are awesome. They totally know how to fix EVERYTHING. I'd be honored to be a home depot worker.
plays in the band is bobby.
I also think the home depot worker might be Tommy. Think of the lumber section. Can't you totally picture Tom telling someone why they can't live without a power saw?
Post a Comment